We know you help TIMA every way you can (and we are very thankful for it!) but were you aware there are fundraising opportunities with the everyday things you do? We know you’re an expert Box Top collector, but how about the following:
- Publix Partners – Pick up a little green key cards in the school’s front office (near the sign-out binders) and have it scanned every time you shop at Publix. All purchases are elegible (with the exception of gift cards, alcohol, lottery items, money services, postage stamps, and prescriptions) towards earning money for our school and all you have to do is present your key card at every check out! If you have family or friends that like to shop there, pick up a key card for them too! This is good for all Publix locations (except for Florida).
- Kroger Community Rewards – if you have an existing Kroger Rewards Card, you can link your account at www.KrogerCommunityRewards.com. Just log in to your account, click on the “enroll now” button in the middle of the screen, scroll down to the “community rewards” section to enroll, search for Tybee Island Maritime Academy, select and you’re done! If you don’t already have a Rewards account, signing up is free and easy (use the link rewards link above).
- Amazon Smile – With the winter holiday season upon us, this is a great way to earn money for our school (0.5% of your eligible purchases) without having your leave your home. Go to www.smile.amazon.com, log in, and under the header banner you’ll see a box for Amazon Smile. Click there to select our school (listed as Tybee Island Charter School) and begin shopping!
Let us know if you know another easy way to help us reach our fundraising goals! Comment below or write to us at email@example.com.
Thank you to everyone who came out or viewed the live stream of Rebecca Burkhart’s presentation on how to distinguish between certain types of behaviors and strategies to use when dealing with those behaviors. Mrs. Burkhart is a School Counselor at The STEM Academy @ Bartlett. Not only is she very well-trained, she is super enthusiastic about helping kids have better emotional lives and teaching them the skills they need to be successful people. We are very lucky she came to speak to us!
Mrs. Burkhart kindly sent us a copy of her powerpoint for you to view: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1pglqYeQ3ABELi2DJfeJcssWERKwbhVEWgfMW3Az2LfU/edit#slide=id.g295f230f08_0_23
And…a list of the books she recommends and used in her presentation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V-SJMkQkgVWnTQXpsXe7_pX__PQTI0C0o3iA7rYOOzo/edit
If you have any thoughts or questions post in the comment section below or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to send Mrs. Burkhart a message thanking her on her great presentation, please e-mail her at Rebecca.Burkhart@sccpss.com.
We are beyond pleased to hear so much positive response to this year’s Spirit Wear Shirts. The color, the feel, the logo on the back, etc. There is always room for a bit of improvement but feel we made big strides from last year. Your enthusiasm makes it all worth it.
We are happy to announce that we will begin to take orders for TIMA WINTER WEAR! Long-sleeve t’s, hooded sweatshirts and full-zip hoodies, ALL with the awesome Tybee Island Maritime Academy Logos, of course. Order forms will be coming home asap and the Square store is open now to shop by credit card.
Just a couple of quick FYIs with the new gear:
- Mr. Rossiter reminds us that the hooded sweatshirt and full-zip hoodies can be worn over uniforms but the long-sleeve tee can ONLY be worn on Spirit Wear Days or Dress Down Days. It is non-uniform.
- You always get lots of info and order forms from us and the school, but just remember to not submit more than one (unless you want lots and lots, in which we totally understand and can help). Psst…lost your order form? Click here to print a new one.
- We are hiring the 5th Graders this year to help us sort and distribute orders when they come in. In exchange for their assistance, the Crew will give them 20% of proceeds from the Winter Wear Sale to put towards their 5th grade end-of-school-year field trip.
- We are also planning on having more TIMA swag for you in the near future. Keep your eyes open for future announcements.
All orders are due FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1ST by the end of the school day. We want to get them to the printer right away. Our goal is to have your order in your hands prior to the December Holiday Break.
As always, any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to let us know in the comment section below or e-mail us at email@example.com.
PINK FLYER ALERT!!!
The TIMA Crew is hosting the best family event ever.
Collin Moulton and Friends
Tybee Post Theater
Sunday, November 5th, @ 3:30pm (doors open at 3:00).
Tickets: $10/adults $5/kids
We are so lucky to have this talented and funny Savannah dad perform for us on Tybee. You can check out one of his “clean comedy” routines here. We’ll also have a Joke Contest, where your kids can submit their best jokes. Collin will pick the winner from each grade level and read them at the show.
At this time, ticket can only be purchased via the order form that was sent home with your child last week. Cash and checks (made out to TIMA Crew) are accepted. After the show, ticket holders can also receive a 24% discount on food at The Deck or a 10% discount at Agave Bar & Grill (excludes alcohol).
FYI!!!! This event has limited ticketing. Only 210 are available on a first come-first serve basis. We expect the show to sell out. Psst: If you would rather pay with a credit card, we have a limited number of tickets available on our Square Store. Square Store processing fee applies.
As announced at the General Crew Meeting in August, the Crew’s fundraising goal for the 2017-2018 school year is $10,000. It is our desire to raise enough money to replace all of the teachers’ outdated computers. With your help, we are on our way.
At this point we can report the following:
Used Book Sale ($580)
Papa Murphy’s night ($360)
Membership dues/donations and Spirit Wear Shirts funds are pending.