We hope you had a great spring break! It was a well-deserved one for TIMA families and staff.
Just a couple of CREW-keeping notes for y’all:
1. THE BIGGIE FOR THIS WEEK is our Annual Scholastic Book Fair and TIMA Spring Clean-up Day! Here’s all you need to know:
– The Book Fair will be this Thursday & Friday before and during school hours (preview day on Wednesday) and Saturday during Spring Clean-up. Classes will be assigned a “shopping time” where they can purchase easy readers, chapter books, bookmarks, etc. Parents are welcome to attend (check with your child’s teacher for their scheduled “shopping time”). Book Fair flyers are expected to come home with your child today.
– Cash and credit cards will be accepted. NEW THIS YEAR is Scholastic’s e-Wallet, a digital payment option. Create an account at Scholastic.com (follow the link to TIMA’s Scholastic webpage) and add your credit card to set your student’s spending limit (you will only be charged for what they purchase within that limit). Students’ e-Wallets are looked up at the Book Fair using your child’s name, grade or teacher. This is a great option in case you do not want to send cash with your child
– Due to the limited stock provided by Scholastic, availability is subject to change. However, if you are looking for that popular book that will be sure to sell out you may shop online, 24/7, on Scholastic’s website (use the link to make your purchase count towards the TIMA Book Fair sale) where you can choose from hundreds of titles. You can also purchase books in the TIMA Wish List to be donated directly to the school. The TIMA’s online Book Fair is open from now until April 11th.
– Spring Clean-up Day (this Saturday from 9 am – 1 pm) is a great opportunity for TIMA families to get together and help the school look it’s best. There will be clean-up duties for all age groups and skill levels. We are in need of a few good tools (see below for a list):
lawn bags- 3 packs
general cleaning supplies – Windex, Clorox wipes, rags, bucket, dish soap ( the more the merrier here)
hacksaw – 1
2 new plants for the front pots (hearty, year-round, partial sun/shade, perennial, like lantana or coleus or more if you’ve got a talent for container gardening).
shop vac- 1
extension cord- 1
box cutters- 3
– The CREW will be hosting our first TIMA Used Uniform Sale on Saturday during the Clean-up. Go through your child’s uniforms and see what they’ve grown out of or have never used. We have a container set up (located in the school cafeteria) to collect clean and gently used TIMA school uniforms. Friday will be the final day to send in used uniform pieces. We will collect the following boys and girls items:
*light and dark blue polo shirts (long and short sleeved)
*khaki and dark blue pants, shorts, skirts, and skorts
*light blue, dark blue and khaki jumpers and dresses
*light and dark blue sweaters, cardigans, pullovers, and hoodies
*Spirit Wear shirts.
Embroidered or not (keep in mind personalized items may not sell) are welcome. All items MUST be school-approved uniform pieces. Please check for stains and condition. We will discard any items that are in poor condition. Sizes should appropriate for students entering grades K – 5.
2. After Spring Clean-up, Tubby’s Tank House in Thunderbolt is hosting a benefit for beloved TIMA teacher, Jill Lepo-Wieniewitz from 2 pm to 6 pm. $12 BBQ dinners and a silent auction and raffle (proceeds to benefit her fight with pancreatic cancer). Jenni’s Treats on the Street will be there, too.
Due to its success last year, the 2nd Annual Sweetheart Dance will surely be the highlight of this event year! It’s a magical and fun evening for TIMA students of all grades and their families. Dress-up in your finest, bring a sweetie or two, and plan on having the night of your life! We’ll have a DJ spinning all of the coolest music, dessert tables filled with yummies, a selfie station with props and more! And, we’ll have beautifully created corsages and boutonnieres for advance sale, custom-made by talented artist, designer and TIMA parent Stephania LaRonge-Tillman.
Click on the following link: 2018 Dance Ticket Order Form-1, to submit an order for tickets and floral accessories with a check or cash. You may also place a credit card order through our Square Store. Please submit your order by Friday, February 2nd.
TIMA student, Lindsey, outside in the snow, wearing her TIMA hoodie. Her mom said she wouldn’t wear anything else. We think she looks great!
If you want to be as fashionable as Lindsey, and you don’t have your own TIMA Winter Wear, you are in luck. The CREW still has a limited amount of long-sleeved t’s, pullover hoodies, and full-zip hoodies to sell in both youth and adult sizes. Go to our Square Store at https://squareup.com/store/tima-ptva to purchase. TIMA hoodies can be worn over uniforms and long-sleeve t-shirts can be worn on dress down and Spirit Wear days.